God has been doing amazing things in my life

Whether you are a Well sponsor, family member, friend, or curious passerby, I thank God for you and I thank you for visiting my blog site.

Monday, April 25, 2011

I'm back and God is AWESOME!

Wow...so much has HAPPENED!!! Where do I begin:

Well, we had The 1st Annual CONVERGENCE CONFERENCE the weekend before last, which was awesome. So many people came out; special shout out to Catherine Davis and Alveda King !!
People came from all over the U.S. and from different ministries. There was such a unity and a flow; the presence of God was so heavy in that place. It showed me that God is moving throughout the body of Christ and how He's connecting the different members together to do His work. It was so inspiring, encouraging, and unbelievable at the same time.

Well, I was supposed to read a poem at the conference, and God had given me a poem to read, but I was terrified. This went beyond my usual level of nervousness when speaking in front of others. The poem was about part of my testimony and I didn't know if I was ready to expose myself to everyone. But, I told God that I would do what He asked of me, and this is what He asked.

To make a long story short, I didn’t read the poem. And I was so relieved!! I thought that I was off the hook. I thought that God was just testing my obedience, to see if I would say yes to Him in my heart, like Abraham and Issac. Well, that was not the case for me.

Then the next weekend, on Friday night, Freedom Atlanta Ministries has this open mic night out of nowhere (really, like, we never have these). I didn’t plan on doing anything; I wasn’t even thinking about it. I forgot all about it until Friday evening when someone asks me what I’m doing for the open mic night. My first answer was nothing, and then...God pricked my heart. I was going to have to read my poem…

To be continued…


No comments: