God has been doing amazing things in my life

Whether you are a Well sponsor, family member, friend, or curious passerby, I thank God for you and I thank you for visiting my blog site.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Siege for LIFE









“Lay siege against it, build a siege wall against it… Set your face against it, and it shall be besieged, and you shall lay siege against it.” (Ez 4:2-3 NKJV)

Last weekend, The Well teamed up with Bound4LIFE Atlanta to go on a Silent Siege.

We stood outside of an abortion clinic with red tape over our mouths that read “LIFE.” Together we stood there praying silently from 7 am to 9 pm, in a line, in the rain, for the entire world to see.

A Silent Siege is where we silently stand inthe gap on behalf of our nation and build up a wall of prayer (Ez 22:30). This strategy was given to us in a dream from the Lord...When we make a stand outside of a courthouse or an abortion facility, our stand is for life, mercy, and justice.
When LIFE is written on a piece of red tape and placed over our mouths, we are identifying with the silent cries of the preborn—those who have no voice to defend themselves.

Our stand is NOT a protest. It IS a silent prayer meeting.
We make our appeal to the Judge of the earth and ask Him for speedy justice to be released (Lk 18:7-8).
It’s also a plea for God to subpoena the conscience of the nation.
We dream of the day when every abortion facility in the nation will have long lines of people, young and old alike, standing in silent prayer with Life Tape covering their mouths. If every church would rise up and stand at every abortion facility with sustained fasting and prayer, what could happen? (Bound4LIFE.com)
As I stood there in the rain, I prayed for the babies, that God would keep them and protect them. As I was praying, my brother's song came into my head and I began repeating “save the babies, Lord, save the babies.” I could hear their cries and I could see blood in the streets; it looked like the rain water running down the road. I began to cry, thinking about the babies that never got to live, that never got to smile or see a sunrise. I heard God saying to the nation “I'm blessing you, I am giving you a gift, the gift of life, and you’re killing them.” These babies are gifts from God; not everyone can even have children. Why do we think it’s okay to throw away something so precious?

I repented on behalf of all the women who selfishly killed their children in the name of convenience, because they couldn't get past the burden and see the blessing that God was trying to give them. I also repented on behalf of those in our community too ashamed, too fearful, and too focused on ourselves to say anything or stand for what is right.

Standing there I could literally feel God’s heart breaking and His sadness; the rain fell like God’s tears. My chest ached and this overwhelming feeling of grief came upon me. Before coming to The Well, I never thought about how our sin affects God. When I use to sin in the past, I would feel sorry and ask God for forgiveness so that He wouldn’t punish me. But I was missing the point; God loves us and it hurts Him when we sin.


At The Well, I have been learning about how to have a real relationship with God, to connect with Him so that I can know His heart and how He feels. It grieves me to think about how my sin makes God feel, especially when I sin on purpose. Jesus died and paid for my sins because He loves me, and when I decide to do something that goes against Him, it breaks His heart. I can hear Him asking, “Why? Why do you continue when I have died for you? When I have given you the grace to overcome? Why do you go back?” And yes, He does get angry; you would too if you gave your heart to somebody and they kept stomping on it, over and over again, because they wanted to do their own thing.


But, because God loves us, he has not thrown us away when we’ve messed up. He has not given up on us. He is still showing us mercy even though thousands of babies die every day. We all deserve hell, but because of Jesus’ loving sacrifice, we have been given the opportunity to have life and life more abundantly. These babies are Gods creation; they deserve to be given the same opportunity for life.


Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying: “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah 1:4-5


God is calling us to stand in the gap and be a voice for those who cannot speak, to be a standard in this backward world.


Then said I: “Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth.”
But the LORD said to me: “Do not say, ‘I am a youth,’ for you shall go to all to whom I send you, and whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of their faces, for I am with you to deliver you,” says the LORD. Jeremiah 1:6-8


For more information, please visit www.Bound4Life.com

1 comment:

Chef Robinson said...

For the cries of the babies never heard
The innocent blood that washes our streets
For the Judgement of The LORD that's apon us
God have mercy