God has been doing amazing things in my life

Whether you are a Well sponsor, family member, friend, or curious passerby, I thank God for you and I thank you for visiting my blog site.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Then...and WOW! My weight-loss journey






And the journey continues...

Here at The Well we have an awesome Health and Fitness program:

"Wellian students have entered the school with various goals including eating healthier, losing weight or gaining weight. At The Well, students are encouraged and expected to eat healthy and stay physically fit. Each student completes a thirty-minute exercise activity, a minimum of three days a week. The Well also has an established Run Club… in which we take weekend runs on the campus of Georgia Tech." (runtothewell.com)

Before coming to The Well, I had been trying to lose weight on and off; I would go really strong for a few months and then fall over and give up. I also had a lot of bad habits in college that were really destructive to my body.

It has been really hard for me to lose weight in the past because I was trying to lose weight for myself; my motivation was off. I wanted to lose weight so I could look good and feel better about myself. I’ve had a lot of self-confidence issues that I thought would just go away when I finally lost the extra pounds. But, it never happened.
At The Well, God has been showing me the importance of taking care of my body for Him.

It is important to take care of my body because:
It shows good discipline (1 Corinthians 9:27)
I will have more energy for ministry work and for the mission field
I will have more energy for my family
It shows that I can be a good steward of the things that God has given me, which include my health
It glorifies God

These days I am feeling great and looking good! Since taking the focus off of myself and focusing on God (Matthew 6:33), the weight has been coming off!

Its funny, because now that my focus has shifted, the weight loss hasn't become as important to me. And, I find myself purposly not trying to get caught up in it. But, God is showing me that I need to focus on it and talk about it more because it is a part of my testimony and I can use it to glorify Him.

Plus it's not about me. Psalm 67:1-3 says
God be merciful unto us, and bless us; and cause his face to shine upon us; Selah. That thy way may be known upon earth, thy saving health among all nations. Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee.


God loves to bless us, but it's not just for us. He blesses us so that we can inturn tell others about the goddness of God. So, I'm determined now to give God the glory and credit for each pound because I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that its not me.

So, I'm guessing now you want to see some proof? Well, I don't have any official numbers for you yet, but here is a before-and-after photo:

Pretty awesome, right? And its all God! Stay tuned for awesome updates!

No comments: